What should I do when a driver declines a dispatch assignment?
639 views |
Last modified 1/22/2021 5:51:59 AM EST |
Added by TruckLogics Team
Before assigning a driver for a dispatch, always check for the driver's availability from the dropdown list under the Driver & Equipment tab.
The driver you select from the dropdown will be listed in one of the following statuses:
- Available - Driver available for a dispatch.
- In Dispatch - Driver already assigned for a dispatch.
- Assigned and Unconfirmed - Driver who's already been assigned for a dispatch but has not confirmed their availability.
- Inactive - Driver is inactive, but you can still assign them to a dispatch.
After selecting a driver for a dispatch, you have two options to notify the driver for the dispatch.
- Assign Now - This option assigns the driver for the dispatch immediately and notifies the dispatch details via email and text message.
- Assign & Wait for Confirmation - With this option, the user can set a deadline for the driver to respond to the assigned dispatch. Once the driver responds, the dispatch status will be updated, and you will be notified.
If the driver declines the dispatch, you can either contact the driver offline with the contact number or assign another driver to the dispatch and continue with the dispatching process!