How do I claim low mileage credits while filing my Form 2290?
1.1k views | Last modified 7/30/2020 7:12:29 AM EST

Applicable To
Fleet Managers Drivers Leased Operators Owner Operators Brokers IFTA Reporting

Suppose you had reported your vehicle as a taxable vehicle and paid the required HVUT while filing your Form 2290. The vehicle doesn't exceed the 5000-mile limit (7500 for agricultural vehicles) get a refund of the HVUT paid as low-mileage credit.

You can claim the low mileage credits by e-filing Form 2290 for the next taxable year with the TruckLogics app.

NOTE - You cannot claim the low mileage credits using Form 2290 if you aren't filing for a taxable vehicle for the current tax year.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TruckLogics Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 234-6946 [email protected]