How can Motive users file IFTA reports in TruckLogics?
719 views |
Last modified 4/28/2022 9:08:09 AM EST |
Added by TruckLogics Team
Generating IFTA reports manually for every quarter by entering the distance traveled and fuel purchased against each jurisdiction is a time-consuming process.
Motive users who use TruckLogics to manage their business can directly import the truck data from their Motive account and generate the IFTA reports at ease.
Here's how to import vehicle data from Motive and generate an IFTA report in TruckLogics:
Choose IFTA Quarter and Tax Year
Here, you can choose the quarter and tax year you want to report.
- Choose a tax year, quarter, and click Start Return.
Include Trucks for IFTA Reporting
The trucks listed under Truck List are pulled from TruckZone and are included for IFTA reporting. You can choose the trucks to pull the distance data or import more trucks from Motive.
- To pull distance data, choose the trucks you like to include for IFTA reporting and click Next.
- To associate and import more trucks, click Import from Motive.
Before importing the trucks, you need to associate the trucks pulled from Motive with the trucks saved in TruckLogics. Associating trucks avoids duplicate data getting imported into TruckLogics, which may result in incorrect IFTA reporting.
- Choose the trucks and associate manually or automatically using the dropdown if there are similar trucks in TruckLogics.
- If there are no trucks to associate, just select the trucks and click Import. Then, the trucks will be added directly.
Pull Distance Traveled at Each Jurisdiction
For the Motive pulled trucks, the distance data are pulled from the ELD data saved in your Motive account.
- Under Trip Details, view the distance data pulled for the trucks chosen for IFTA reporting.
- Click Edit Miles to modify the distance data.
Pulls Fuel Purchased Data at Each Jurisdiction
If there are similar trucks in TruckLogics similar to Motive trucks, then the fuel data is pulled from TruckLogics by default.
- Under Fuel Details, view the fuel data pulled for the trucks chosen for IFTA reporting.
- If there is no fuel data saved in TruckLogics, click Import from Motive to pull the fuel data from Motive.
- Click Edit Gallons to modify the fuel data.
Download IFTA PDF
Once the IFTA tax is calculated with the penalty and credit based on the distance and fuel data pulled for each vehicle, the IFTA report will be ready for download.
- To download the completed IFTA report, click Download IFTA Pdf.
Once downloaded, follow the instructions in the document and send your completed report to the respective base jurisdiction address to complete your IFTA filing.