How to create a trip sheet for dispatch in TruckLogics?
2.4k views |
Last modified 9/26/2022 1:25:59 AM EST |
Added by TruckLogics Team
In TruckLogics, you can create a trip sheet for a dispatch either by providing the miles and fuel data manually under the ‘Trip Sheet’ tab of a dispatch or by using ProMiles. ProMiles automatically calculates the loaded and empty miles accurately for a trip based on the routes driven.
Below are the steps to create a trip sheet for dispatch:
Go to ‘Dispatches’ >> Select the dispatch >> You will land on the dispatch summary page >> You can either move to the ‘Trip sheet’ tab or click ‘Go to Trip Sheet’ beneath the trip sheet section.
Note: When you create a dispatch for the first time, a popup window with the odometer settings page will appear; select your choices and click ‘Save’. If this setting needs to be modified later, do so under ‘Settings >> Odometer Settings.’
Truck unit and model details will be auto-populated.
If you have added the start location while planning or customizing the route, it will be auto-populated here, and the ‘Start odometer’ reading will be generated accordingly. You can edit if required.
If you haven’t added the ‘Start Location’ while planning the route, you can add it here and enter the start odometer reading as well.
You can view the route on Google Maps. If necessary, you can modify your route by clicking on the ‘Change Route’ option.
Choose to enter a trip sheet by ‘Odometer readings’ or ‘Distance’ or using ‘Promiles’. To know how to generate a trip sheet using ProMiles data, click here.
Under the ‘Trip log’ section, provide ‘Trip Date’ and ‘State’ details.
Below are the mandatory details to be given:
- If you choose to enter the trip sheet by the ‘Odometer,’ enter the odometer readings for each date or state.
- If you choose to enter the trip sheet by the ‘Distance,’ enter the distance covered in each state or date.
- Select the ‘Trip Type’ – Loaded or Empty
- Enter the ‘Taxable distance’ and ‘Nontaxable distance’ (Toll Miles).
Add fuel gallons purchased in each state or date.
- ‘Unit’ and ‘Fuel Type’ will be auto-populated.
- Enter the ‘Truck Fuel quantity’, ‘Reefer Fuel Quantity’, or ‘DEF Fuel Quantity’ in gallons or liters if applicable. Any one of the fuel categories is mandatory.
- Input the ‘Amount’ spent on fuel in the corresponding column.
- Select the payee in the ‘Paid By’ field and choose the ‘Payment Mode’ from the drop-down.
- Once all the mandatory information is provided, Click ‘Save’.
You can enter more trip sheet entries in the subsequent lines.
You can add more rows if required by clicking on the ‘Add 5 rows’ button. Also, you can delete an entry if required by clicking .
You can view the total trip sheet summary of the dispatch at the bottom of the page.
Once all the data is provided, click the ‘Save’ option, and you will get a popup window named ‘Mark as Delivered’. In that window, you can mark the dispatch as delivered if required. You can click ‘Skip’ if not required.
After saving a dispatch, you can add more trip sheet entries and click ‘Update’ if required.
You can also ‘Email’ or ‘Print’ the trip sheet.
IFTA Report Generation using TripSheets Data
Trip sheets are widely useful when you generate your quarterly IFTA report in TruckLogics. You can directly use your trip sheet data (miles and fuel data) to generate your IFTA reports (In Dispatches mode).