How does the integration with Motive help in IFTA Reporting?
490 views |
Last modified 4/28/2022 9:30:45 AM EST |
Added by TruckLogics Team
Generating IFTA reports manually for every quarter by entering the miles traveled and fuel expenses made against each jurisdiction is a time-consuming process. Also, filing the report with mistakes may result in penalties.
Motive users can directly import the trip details, such as the miles traveled and fuel expenses recorded in the ELD devices, into their TruckLogics account. Once done, the users can generate the IFTA reports at ease.
Here's how to generate your IFTA report using Motive:
- Log in to your TruckLogics account.
- Under the IFTA tab, select the Tax year and the quarter for which you want to create an IFTA report.
- Click Start return.
- Click Continue under the Motive option to generate your IFTA report.
Choose an option to import manually or auto-import the data.
- Export the data files from the Motive account.
- Upload the data files in TruckLogics.
- Log in to the Motive account from within TruckLogics.
- Select the trucks you want to pull in the data from. Then, click Sync Button.
- Enter the trip and fuel details for the selected trucks and click Next
The IFTA Summary will be displayed. Now on the IFTA Details page, choose the Base Jurisdiction and enter the IFTA account number and the EIN, along with the IFTA Signing Authority details. Now, Proceed to review the tax you owe, penalty, and more. Finally, click Next to generate the IFTA report.
Watch the video below and learn more about IFTA Reporting in TruckLogics.