How to create an invoice for a load?
150 views |
Last modified 9/8/2022 8:44:29 AM EST |
Added by TruckLogics Team
An invoice can be generated either for a single load or for multiple loads to the same customer. This article shows you how to generate an invoice for a single load.
Note: In TruckLogics, you have an option to update your default invoice preferences in advance. (Navigate to 'Settings' >> and 'Choose Invoice')
Here’s how you can create an invoice for a single load:
There are two possible ways to select the load for which the Invoice needs to be generated.
a) In Dashboard, select the load under the ‘active loads’ section.
b) Go to the 'Loads’ menu and select the load.
In either way, you will land on the ‘Load Summary’ page. From there, Click ‘Create Invoice’ under the invoice section or Navigate to the ‘Invoice’ tab.
The details of the customer and the date of the invoice will be auto-filled. You can update them by clicking the ‘Edit’ button if needed.
Choose to enter the invoice number manually or generate one automatically. (You can set the default preferences in 'Settings' >> 'Invoice' >> 'Invoice Number').
You can also mention the account number and reference details (optional).
Set the due date for the invoice in the 'Terms' dropdown based on your requirements.
You have a few options for that.
- Due on Receipt: Payment due on the date of invoice.
- Net 15: Payment due on or before the 15th day from the date of the invoice.
- Net 30: Payment due on or before the 30th day from the date of the invoice.
- Custom: You can set a custom due date for this invoice
- Add new: Add a new due date with terms to the list.
You can update the default due date preferences for invoices in 'Settings' >> 'Invoice' >> 'Payment Terms'.
If you are creating the invoice for a factoring company, select ‘Yes’ under the Factoring details section. Then, select the company name from the list or add a new one by clicking the ‘Add’ button. Also, you need to mention the factoring rate as well.
If not, select ‘No’ and proceed.
The details regarding the shipper and the consignee will be auto-filled. You can make changes if required by clicking the ‘Edit' button.
The freight details can be chosen to be displayed or hidden in the invoice as per your requirements. You can update these preferences in 'Settings' >> 'Invoice' >> 'Other Invoice Settings'.
If you have already provided the details about the charges and discount while creating the load, those details will be auto-filled here. You can make changes if required.
If you haven't mentioned the charges and discount details previously, you can add the details in the respective fields such as hauling charges, fuel surcharge fees, accessory fees, and accessorial deduction.
Once you have provided the required details, click ‘Generate Invoice.'
Note: There will be a few optional fields for adding additional information to the invoice.
- Notes for the customer: You can add any notes for the customer which will be displayed in the invoice.
- Memo: You can add any information for your own reference. (It won't be displayed in the invoice.)
- Terms and conditions: This field will be auto-populated if you have set the default template for Terms and Conditions previously in 'Settings' >> 'Invoice' >> 'Other Invoice Settings'. If not, you can type the Terms and Conditions manually. You can also make it default by checking the box near 'Update the invoice terms and conditions changes in settings.'
After generating the invoice, you can export the invoice to your QuickBooks account by clicking ‘Export to QuickBooks.’ You can also edit the invoice by clicking ‘Edit’ if needed.
The invoice will be available to email, fax, and print.
For Email: Click the ‘More’ menu and select ‘email’ and you will get a popup window. Enter the customer’s email address in the ‘To’ field. The subject will be auto-filled, and you can edit it if needed.
The default template will be auto-populated in the body, and it can be edited as well. (You can update the default email template for invoices in 'Settings' >> 'Invoice' >> 'Invoice Email Settings').
For Fax: Click the ‘More’ menu and select ‘fax’. Enter the fax number, subject, and cover letter.
For printing: Click the ‘Print’ menu and select ‘Print’. You can update the details which need to be displayed in the printed invoice by clicking the ‘Print with Options’ button.
If there are no further changes needed in the invoice, you can finalize it by clicking the ‘Finalize’ option.
You can check the status of all your invoices in the ’Accounts’ menu >> ‘Invoices’.
Once an invoice is finalized, you can either,
- ‘Receive payment’ - You can update the receipt of payment for the invoice by clicking this option (or)
- ‘Void’ - You can void the invoice by clicking this option.