How to create an invoice in TruckLogics?
101 views |
Last modified 10/17/2022 6:40:59 AM EST |
Added by TruckLogics Team
In TruckLogics, you can generate invoices for various purposes.
- To learn how to create an invoice for a load, Click here
- To learn how to create an invoice for multiple loads to the same customer / carrier / broker, Click here
To create an invoice, particularly for non-load charges, you can follow the steps below:
Go to ‘Accounts’ >> ‘Invoices’ >> ‘Add Invoice’.
Select the customer / carrier / broker to whom you are creating the invoice. If you are adding for the first time, click the 'Add' button and provide the details.
The date of the invoice will be auto-filled. You can change it if required. Choose to enter the invoice number manually or generate one automatically. (You can set the default preferences in 'Settings' >> 'Invoice' >> 'Invoice Number'). You can also add reference details (optional).
Set the due date for the invoice in the 'Terms' dropdown based on your requirements.
The choices available are listed below:
- Due on Receipt: Payment due on the date of invoice.
- Net 15: Payment due on or before the 15th day from the date of the invoice.
- Net 30: Payment due on or before the 30th day from the date of the invoice.
- Custom: You can set a custom due date for this invoice
- Add new: Add a new due date with terms to the list.
You can update the default due date preferences for invoices in 'Settings' >> 'Invoice' >> 'Payment Terms'.
Select 'Yes' in the Factoring information area if you are creating the invoice for a factoring company. Choose the company name from the list or enter a new one by clicking the 'Add' button, and then include the factoring rate. If not, select 'No' and proceed.
Uncheck the 'Include Load/Dispatch Charges' box. Add any miscellaneous charges unrelated to the loads. You can add more lines by clicking 'Another row' if required.
Once all the required information is provided, click 'Generate Invoice'.
Note: There will be a few optional fields for adding additional information to the invoice.
- Notes for the customer: You can add any notes for the customer which will be displayed in the invoice.
- Memo: You can add any information for your own reference. (It won't be displayed in the invoice.
- Invoice Terms and conditions: This field will be auto-populated if you have set the default template for Terms and Conditions previously in 'Settings' >> 'Invoice' >> 'Other Invoice Settings'. If not, you can type the Terms and Conditions manually. You can also make it default by checking the box near 'Update the invoice terms and conditions changes in settings'.
The invoice will be available to email and print.
For Email: Click the ‘More’ menu and select 'email' and you will get a popup window. Enter the customer’s email address in the 'To' field. The subject will be auto-filled, and you can edit it if needed.
The default template will be auto-populated in the body, and it can be edited as well. (You can update the default email template for invoices in 'Settings' >> 'Invoice' >> 'Invoice Email Settings').
For printing: Click the 'Print' option.
After generating the invoice, you can export the invoice to your QuickBooks account by clicking 'Export to QuickBooks'. You can also edit the invoice by clicking 'Edit' if needed.
If there are no further changes needed in the invoice, you can finalize it by clicking the 'Finalize' option.
You can check the status of all your invoices in the 'Accounts' menu >> 'Invoices'.
Once an invoice is finalized, you can either,
- 'Receive payment' - You can update the receipt of payment for the invoice by clicking this option (or)
- 'Void' - You can void the invoice by clicking this option.