How to add trucks and trailers in TruckLogics?
64 views |
Last modified 10/11/2022 8:21:12 AM EST |
Added by TruckLogics Team
TruckLogics allows you to add any number of trucks and equipment.
Here’s how you can add trucks and equipment:
There are two possible ways to add a new truck in TruckLogics.
(a) Navigate to ‘Truck Zone’ menu -> ‘Equipment’.
(b) In Dashboard, go to ‘Add New’ >> Click ‘Equipment’.
There are two ways to add new equipment.
- To manually add Trucks and Trailers to your business.
- To Import Trucks and Trailers from Motive and ExpressTruckTax.
To add a new truck manually:
a) From 'Truck Zone', Click 'Add New' and Select the option ‘Truck’ from the dropdown menu.
b) You can then provide the following details.
- Unit Number - Truck is identified by its unit number.
- Model year - Truck manufactured year.
- Fuel Type - Select the truck’s fuel type from the drop-down menu.
- Gross Vehicle weight - The combined weight of the cargo, accessories, and any additional loads, such as trailers, etc.
c) You can also opt to choose the truck to be ‘Included in Billing’ and ‘Include for IFTA reporting’.
The trucks chosen for IFTA reporting will be automatically listed under the IFTA tab to be included in IFTA reporting.
d) Click ‘Continue’. You will be provided with a few optional sections. You can either click ‘Skip’ or add details and click ‘Continue’ in each section. The sections are:
- Vehicle Details: You can provide the owner's name, VIN number, height, serial number, etc.
- License & Insurance: You can provide details such as License Plate number, License Expire, Inspection date, and Insurance details.
- Last Location: You can provide the address of the truck’s last location address and current odometer reading.
- Additional Details: You can provide details such as the cost of the truck, color, etc.
- Documents: You can attach any truck-related documents and store them in your TruckLogics account under this truck.
e) Once done, you will see a popup message, ‘Truck added successfully'.
Note: You can also add trucks from dispatch screen while assigning driver. To do so, Click Add New >> Truck
To add a new trailer manually:
a) From 'Truck Zone', Click 'Add New' >> Select the option ‘Trailer’.
b) Add the basic trailer details such as Unit Number, Model year, Make, and the status of the trailer. Click ‘Continue’.
c) Once done, click ‘Continue’. You will be provided with a few optional sections such as:
- Trailer Details
- License & Insurance
- Last Location
- Additional Details
As mentioned earlier, you can either click ‘Skip’ or add details and click ‘Continue’ in each section.
Once done, you will get the popup message ‘Trailer added successfully’.
Managing Trucks and Trailers:
- You can view the added trucks and trailers under 'TruckZone’ >> ‘Equipment’
- You can perform actions like ‘View’, ‘Edit’, or ‘Delete’ the particular truck or trailer by clicking on the ‘Action’ menu.
- Use filter options to view the equipment based on the requirement.